Spartans Home

That Porch post/railing thing again

Well that time has come again to reserect the porch post project. Now its going to be Railing time. Old Athlon ambled on down to the building supply store and bought $745.00 worth of porch vinyl top of the line railing and started installing it. Pics will come as it gets done. And I will be glad when its done. Man, could have got a 9800gx2 and some for that amount. But I want a pritty porch to relax on wile sipping that Capt morgan and coke on!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yes I did replace the posts last year. You remember these pics

User posted image

User posted image

These white 6x6 alumnuim square posts are load bearing, and will hold up 12,000 lbs each.

They have smaller 4x4 pt wood posts inside of them with hurricane straps to offer the 4,000

up lift force each as to the hurrcaine protection code for my area.

And now finely getting around to finishing it up, But its a work in progress kind of thing. I worked on it all sunday and going to finish it this comming weekend.

User posted image

Im also going to put 2 smaller posts intween the 2 center posts with hand rails and round finnel balls on them It will be very nice when done.

User posted image

These rails are not easy to install, you have to be really carfull in measureing and cutting and centering so the the spindles are evenly spaced at each end. And of coarse it has to be level ,square and so on so it will look NICE! I am a bitt of a perfectionest when it comes to building installing things. Nothing but the best will do.

It looks great Athlon. Enjoy your cocktails on your new veranda.

As a side note, all you are missing now is some astro-turf, a statue of a jockey holding a lantern, and a few pink plastic flamingos out in the front yard, then, and only then, would this be perfect southern front yard. :D

You should volunteer to work on the fence between the US and Mex.... oh sorry. You took a year just to get your porch rails up. Well at least you are consistant with the government. Come up with an idea and spend years contiplating to do it or not, then spend years trying to get it done only to find out it cost you more than you thought and you really could have used the money on something else.

Well it really hasent been a whole year, I would have got it done sooner but that bad money shortage thing kept getting in the way. At least I will have it done soon. Before the riseing fuel costs suck up my resorces

Well worked most of the holliday on it. and got it all allmost all the way done. Wow im glade!

User posted image

User posted image

It was alot of work, but worth it. What made me mad was the adaptiors i needed they don't make in 12 degrees only 45 and 22.5 degrees. So I had to make my own out of 4x4 pressure treated wood. They are tempary untill I can find plastic or vinyl pvc. If i can't , I will coat the wood ones I made in epoxie and the paint them. But it looks great! I am happy it turned out great!

Well I learned along time ago that patience has it vertues. More work planed in the future. The edge on the porch slab looks crappy to me, I should have stood over the workman when they poured the porch with a shotgun so they would have done their work right. So im going to tile around the porch with eather terracotta, Or some outher tiles, Then it will be complete. Its hard to get GOOD work done now days. So il have to do it myself, that way I know its done right.

patience always pays out whilst doing stuff around the house.

I just can't get over those american gardens...lol some plants directly around the house and the rest is grass.... no way any wife would sunbathe toppless over there...lol

Ok, Forrester, it's on... IT'S ON!!!!!!!! A blatant attack against fine gardening in the USA. I won't stand for it. (Garden photos to come....)

o dear what I've done?

ah I'll start and see what comes of it...lolIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

oh and for the contrary some English gardens

IPB Image

(Hilliers been there myself)

User posted image

so thats enough for now.

Maybe if this gets too much we should have our own garden thread, I don't want to mess with the porch.... ^_^ ;)

I like to look at everybodys wife in the usa sunbathing topless unless its the sportsman duo.

I like what you have done with the old satalight dish on the fence gate thing. Spiff!

Let me know when ya all get done and ile show ya the biltmore garden.

Oh and I'll show myself too, me with two of my three kids in a garden (My oncles)

User posted image

I like to look at everybodys wife in the usa sunbathing topless unless its the sportsman duo.

I'm glad I dont have to watch most of them..... I only have to think of Roseanne Barr and I'm cured for over a month... :blink: :lol: