Spartans Home

ARMA 2 v OFP2 - I will update as more comes

NoScream~SPARTA~

When it all started, in 1997, here is a video taking you from the start to OFP1, ARMA, ARMA2

ARMA2 v OFP2

Watch the ARMA2 videos in High Quality here:

http://www.arma2.com/protect-democracy-def...country_en.html

http://www.arma2.com/chernarussian-movemen...red-sta_en.html

http://www.arma2.com/citizens_en.html

Some may of noticed B.I.S. & CM both released new footage of their up coming titles,

if you missed it... they both look great.

ARMA 2 (FEB 09)

Direct link

Direct link

Direct link

ADDED

Direct link

OFP2 (FEB 09)

197Mb download from CM

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint/in...glishUK#/video/

those that can't bother downloading, there is a copy in the video section of CM website

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint/in...glishUK#/video/

All I can say is, they both look AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

They do look good mate but I wonder how much of it is "spin" from the companies involved and how much of it will translate to on screen gameplay for us, I would like to see a playable demo and if t is as complete as they say then that shouldn't be a problem, but I bet we don't.. :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed they will be as good as they predict.

Honestly, the game I want to play is the one with the best interface and over-all gameplay. Graphics are important, but flow and ability to play the damn game supersedes by far the graphics aspect. If I wasn't right, people wouldn't still be playing Pac-Man. Let alone games like OFP, and OGR.

I looked at the 197Mb HD OFP2 and ARMA2 has more detail, more imagination and ARMA controls which I find ok. OFP2 looks from the video (download) like a large scaled COD game and I don't like too much COD.

If OFP2 does not end up like COD but has the slick COD controls, I will still be playing ARMA 2 with it's Quirky ARMA controls, as I find them usable & not a handicap.

I'll be honest, I want controls but I want Depth of play more than anything.

B.I.S. are showing me something that has not been done in a civilian Battlefield simulator, they are trying to make the environment come alive with moment. This is something that happens in real life with leaves, wind, animals, atmosphere.

OFP2 feels like COD in the video, clinical, the ground looks generated not organic and the 32 player limit could be a problem for PvP and 16 players for Coop are max. Still OFP2 is a W.I.P. (so is ARMA2) but at this stage I'd say the detail in ARMA 2 is unparalleled.

OFP2 might be the next big step for all those looking for the next thing after COD Series......

I'm looking forward to both...... :) It's going to be a good shoot out where we might have a double WIN.

Agree with everything you three have said

Looks wicked, can't wait

If they get close to the cqb of Cod in either of them I will be very happy, game on

The spec of all games gets heavier and heavier... there comes a time where a

system needs upgrades.

I'd say a modern PC needs a graphics card with Shader 3.0 or 4.0

you can pick up a good card but the system needs to be up to the job too.

2.6 to 3.0 Dual core CPU

Shader 3.0+ Graphics card with 512Mb min & DVI output for newer monitors VGA is dead (like CRT).

Shader 3.0 was developed in 2004, Time to get up with the Jones.

Ram 2GB 800Mhz +

500GB HD space

DVD writer

5.1 sound

Good optical ball less mouse

Monitor with around 1650x1050 res 32bit colour

If you are looking, look for shader 4.0+ cards, this is next Vista DX10, windows 7 !!!! all run Shader 3 & 4

Nvidia 88xx or newer !

To my tired old eyes there's no comparison.

ArmA 2 looks like a living, breathing environment and OFP looks more sterile to me.

And the comment from the OFP2 devs that it was a 'cross platform' product worries me.

Hopefully ArmA 2 won't try to be all things to all people and continues on as the de facto standard of battle field sims with a massively loyal and talented community already in place it should fare well....assuming it works.

T don't give up yet....like Custard said it just may take a minor upgrade if that.

Plus who else is going to call the arty in?

As per usual all the pre release fanboi hype and this is the fact why PC game releases are so dismal !

You might as well call them an "Alpha" ... because they fail to deliver and are always bug ridden.

Now DO YOU wish to blow another $60 upon release for YET ANOTHER one of those that wont perform and be stable.

GO ahead ! ...be my guest, I'll still be here to listen to all the forum and TS bleeting about all the bits not working as per usual like MANY we have seen in previous years before. (Do I need to list them or is your memory fresh)

How about a little advice ..... Wait 2-3 months and keep an eye on the correct places for proper information aboiut the games release and make sure that the Dev team is onto fixing the sad bits not just incorperating minor fixes to keep you all amused and stary eyed while they keep your money and in the long term fail to deliver YET AGAIN.

Codemasters have NEVER developed OFP they are simply the publishers, and have there previous titles delivered ,,Derr look at Grid for instance, Don't hold much faith in this bunch as they have NEVER had any rights or say over OFP or Arma or VBS. I would not rate this as more than a 50/50 possibility.

Bohemia ... takes them a while to deliver and a community to embrace a new product, look at past performances and if you were around in OFP or VBS which 98% were not you would know .... I do , been there done that and got the fukin t-shirt. ... Patience is needed here believe me on this one.

So there you have it .... rush out and pre order just to again be disappointed due to the same people raving about how wonderful the product is when in fact ... They Don't know and never will.

All the marketing hype and little manipulated videos will not sell a game like Arma ... Proof is in the pudding with this type of game as it's not kiddie orientated and many complain about it being too hard on the learning curve.

Games that never lasted long at Sparta , Crysis, Black Shark, Grid just to name a few, yet scroll back through the posts to look at all the hype and then consider all the disappointment you got upon purchase day. Remember back at BDA ... OFP was the most populated server, out came Arma and everyone left to play OFP elsewhere because Arma was crap and this killed many players at BDA .... Don't rush to do that again on these two games before your sure you get what they market and it works very well

L8R girls :)

I agree Mut but for a small group like us we need to get into a game earley to stand any chance of building a group that plays the game with us.

I agree Mut but for a small group like us we need to get into a game earley to stand any

chance of building a group that plays the game with us.

Exactly,

Mut plays Eve- Online and nothing else. If we wait for release before talking about games, we might aswell say goodbye now, because we have nothing to look forward too. It's only the hard work of those collecting intel and showing others when decisions & opinions are formed. Lets say noting was posted here..... Nuff said.

Look at Eve Online, not so great still full of bugs after 4 Years, costs a fortune because they don't charge once but every month, Like buying a NEW GAME every two months but getting the same buggy game each time. Progress for you, don't buy NEW games, just keep paying for the same one over and over and over.....

:lol: rant over :P

The government pays for my games, so I don't care. Thanks tax payers! Wait.... I'm a tax payer, so essentially I am paying the government to pay me to play games. Fuckin' Sweet!

Bring them both on, and we'll see which has better over all game play. Mut is right though in a sense. They kind of are RCs, in the sense that they are buggy and the company can cut costs by releasing it in an RC version and then releasing a patch later on for the top 10/20/50/100 bugs that players bitch about most. :wallbash:

Honestly, it is promising that they bumped the ARMA2 RD to May. Who knows what happened, but I'd like to think it was because they cared about the community and wanted to spend a bit more time on it. :hysterical:

As for EVE Online... if the game wasnt buggy, we wouldnt have anything to talk about on the forums. And BoB wouldnt be able to cheat... nuff said.

I am going back to my dream world where every game is bugless on release day. See you in a couple months....

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~