Spartans Home

Sparta Certified Pilot Class - Info HERE

Stang~SPARTA~

Are you a Pilot?.... How about a good Pilot?...one that can take off and land...safely?

Are you a Sparta Certified ACE Pilot?

no....well then, read on

Sparta - Air Combat Environment (working name)

Pilot Certification Program

Program Outline:

Create a program designed to certify competent Pilots who will thus take on Pilot tasking, in accordance with direction from Commanding Officers (Admins & Battlefield Leaders). The program will be designed with the following things in mind: (subject to change)

Goals:

1. Reduce Admin workload from dealing with Pilots and or the lack there of.
  2. Create a competent group of "Certified Pilots" that are ready and able to meet the needs of the Battlefield Commanders.
  3. Lock out the "non-certified" users from Piloting or Co-piloting aircraft, thus reducing Admin workload.
  4. Provide training and pilot proficiencies, that equate Airpower into becoming an Asset for Battlefield Commanders, as they work to achieve mission goals, as opposed to being an aviation annoyance.
  5. Further the immersive aspects of the simulation, by providing a positive Aircraft inclusive experience for all.

Specifics:

• Continue the investigation with MOD programmers to fully determine what is and is not possible, to achieve the goals above.
  • Create a Sparta Aviation Standards guide that will contain training information for the Pilot Candidates on Aircraft Specifics, Usage, Employment. Communications, Weapons, Procedures, Standards of Operations, Offensive and Defensive Tactics, Transport, Resupply, Medivac, Support, FAC and other areas of operations as deemed necessary, to support the overall mission goals of the Battlefield Commanders.
  • Create written, oral and demonstrative testing, that will be used as the basis for the Pilot certification program.

Thoughts:

This will be a work in progress and will continue to change, evolve and grow as Sparta Brass, Admins, Battlefield Commanders and Pilots shape the program into something that is worthy of the Sparta name. At this point, we are open to ideas and suggestions as we create the basis for a presentation, for Sparta Brass to approve or deny. I would simply ask that you please keep this thread on topic, so that we can easily access the information and create a successful program.

If you like the Pilot Class and want to participate in this program as a pilot, please understand that not everyone will get in. (IF) this program goes forward, it's designed to reduce the workload on Admins and Battlefield Commanders, by having competent Pilot at their disposal. This means that while everyone may want to be a Pilot, not all will have the skills needed to pass the certification process; and thus, not be allowed to pilot any aircraft.

The Air Domination Server is designed to allow "ANYONE" the opportunity to fly till your heart's content and can be used as a training ground to increase your skills, until you can pass "all" the test.

This program is designed to provide the" best of the best" Pilot Class and thus by nature, will be difficult to pass. This will insure that "Certified Pilots" will have the skills needed to become a strong asset and help improve the overall enjoyment and immersive factor of ARMA2, for everyone.

OK Gentleman....the BAR's Open for business, step right up.

Edited by Stang

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Since you started this Here goes...When I am On.

1. Pilot must be on TS

2. Must Be mature

3. Must Follow whom ever is leader in game Directions

Rules...Some but Not All.

a. All pilots must say in chat and TS ..... THis is Goober in Chopper 1 Taking off in 60 Secs for Main AO!

b. Some Leaders like to have Main chopper shut down at main AO so As to have fast MOB time (Leaders discretion).

c. Some Leaders want RTB and hold untill Told.

d. WE DO NOT NEED 2 DAMN CHOPPERS AT MAIN AO UNLESS GOOBER IS NOT DOING A PROPER JOB...........Over

e. Wreck chopper Needs to Only Enter Red zone after battle and zone is Green...I have seen many Goobers say OH I am after just this M1A1.........................Bovine Scat and If you were not a regular I Would Kick your ASS. (out of game)

f. All pilots must say in chat and TS ..... THis is Goober in Chopper 1 Taking off in 60 Secs for Main AO!

Carry on... I will be in the area all day!

Nice Stang real nice

and what Halli said an SOP for pilots is a must

:D

Not wishing to be a pain but I think my chopper piloting is not bad but my fixed wing suks balls, I think I am competent for tactical level chopper piloting but fixed wing nowhere near. Can we cert per aircraft please :D .

Nice Stang real nice

Not wishing to be a pain but I think my chopper piloting is not bad but my fixed wing suks balls, I think I am competent for tactical level chopper piloting but fixed wing nowhere near. Can we cert per aircraft please :D .

Yeah, I think he said there would be separate certifications for fixed wing and rotary, respectively.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Absolutely,

HAli - The "Sparta Aviation Standards Guide" would spell out exactly what is expected of Pilots and how they will handle their communications and their assigned aircraft. These will not be their personal preference but what Sparta determines the Pilot Class will do, to be certified. I agree 100% with each of your items and these will be spelled out clearly in the Standards Guide and part of the verbal and demonstrative testing for certification. Just because you can answer the question correctly on paper, does not mean you'll be able to communicate properly when the shooting starts and pressure hits. We need Pilots that can do both: know the proper procedures and implement them in a meaningful manner. This will add tremendously to the immersive factor and reduce the Admin /Battlefield Commanders work load greatly. A win win for everyone.

Custard - The idea, if the MOD-Gods can make it work, is to have a separate "unique" password for each Certified Pilot. This way,...say I'm a good pilot in choppers but can not pass the fixed wing stuff. Then my password would only work for "Choppers" and not for "Fixed wing"...make sense? This also gives the Admins a simple way to kick a non-participating Pilot by simply deleting his password. This was is someone goes "rouge" and gives out his password, we delete it, ban him and problem solved...no more 12 year olds running off with the UH60's & trying to loop it over the active AO before crashing it into a group of good guys in the LZ.

This would also give the Pilot Class a lot to accomplish and something to be proud of (being certified in each aircraft class: Fixed Wing, Rotor Wing, Tilt Wing & Large Transport). This would give the Battlefield Commanders a better understanding of what their Air Assets are, just by seeing their name (or however we decide to differentiate them).

This brings up another good point. How do we differentiate the Pilots and their certifications from the Troops, so Battlefield Commanders can easily know who they are and their capabilities?

We could use a simple Naming Convention like:

Pilot~Stang~FRTL (shows Pilot Class, Pilot Name, Fixed Wing, Rotor Wing, Tilt Wing and Large Transport certification via:

F= Fixed Wing

R=Rotor Wing

T=Tilt Wing

L=Large Transport

Another Option could be through a Ranking System. Maybe ALL Pilots are Captains to separate them from others, with their Certification Level example:

CPT~Stang~FRTL

If Pilots were all the same rank, reserved for the Pilot Class, then it would be very easy for Battlefield Commanders to know who their Pilots are and what they are certified to fly.

Just a couple of quick ideas for you guys to ponder over.

Let me know your thoughts.

Nice Stang real nice

Edited by Stang

Just an update on the modding status:

Took a few days due mainly to my laziness, but I finally have it setup so that a dedicated server can run a server-side addon (i.e. an addon a client won't need to download) that contains all the different passwords, which the server can then check in the map script to make sure a player is allowed to fly. Admining will soon be a tad less of a hassle than it is at present.

o/ *raises hand* No special 3-screens or Track-IR, and I'm a little more daring than others when choosing LZs, but I fly a mean rotary-wing and am working on mastering the Osprey.

Guys,

This is a great idea and may be the "holy grail" to getting started fixing the "bad pilot" issue we've had in the past. When can we test this out and see what's possible?

I've gotten together the basic notes and information for the Sparta Aviation Guide. Is there a "secure" place I can upload it as a working draft, so we don't "give away the farm" before the programs ready & approved to roll out?

Secondly, I wanted to point out that there is a AWESOME ARMA2 Guide available for free via Dslyecxi's website "Shac Tac". The guide is called the ARMA2 Tactics, Techniques and Procedures Guide (TTP2) and its available at the link below:

CLICK HERE

While the entire guide is a great read and its FREE...it has a wonderful section on Vehicle Usage which contains specific Aircraft information. This section is available below:

CLICK HERE

I have asked Dslyecxi if I can use some certain areas of the information in his TTP2 Guide as a basis for some of our "filler" in the Spartan Aviation Guide. I should have an answer back today or tomorrow. If he allows this, then we can use it as a basis for general Aviation related information. To this I will start adding our specific information on OUR procedures, tactics, techniques and so on, that we want our Pilot class to use. This will form the basis of the information used for the training and testing phases to prepare the pilot candidate for the flight test.

Take a look at it (TTP2) and let me know your thoughts on the information it contains. It "appears" to be very accurate however I know we'll have a lot to add to it.

BTW...what's the chance I can get someone to help out putting the guide together by taking some specific screen shots. I don't want random things. These will need to be specific shots of specific events that will go along with the information in the guide? We'll also need someone with excellent grammar skills to proof read and edit as needed...as I am not an English Major and basically write like old people F!@#

....messy and slow

Any volunteers? :help:

Thanks for all the ideas and thoughts Guys....keep it coming!

:clapping:

Just an update on the modding status:

Took a few days due mainly to my laziness, but I finally have it setup so that a dedicated server can run a server-side addon (i.e. an addon a client won't need to download) that contains all the different passwords, which the server can then check in the map script to make sure a player is allowed to fly. Admining will soon be a tad less of a hassle than it is at present.

Edited by Stang

BTW...what's the chance I can get someone to help out putting the guide together by taking some specific screen shots. I don't want random things. These will need to be specific shots of specific events that will go along with the information in the guide.

Any volunteers?

I volunteer. Like I mentioned in my other post, I have to work a lot this week, but if you leave a list of shots you need I'll work on them when I get a chance. =)

I don't think there should be any content in the guide that needs to not be public.

As for MH6's addons it will be seamless to all players, no addons necessary. It will either be password or registrant based. Either way in my mind the process is simple:

1) if you want to be an approved flyer you read all the material and then sign up with an approved 'instructor' to take an in game test.

2). If you pass, your name is either added by the admins to the approved list in the addon or you are provided with a passcode that you must use to enter the cockpick of the vehicle in game.

Of the two technical solutions, MH6 and I are angling toward the name registry as that will allow us more control and 0 interaction in game. it also means that the password doesn't have to be changed if someone tells thier buddy of needs to be removed. The code is kept on a server side addon so players cannot download it to see anything and is secured. MH6 is close to finalizing this.

KAl,

I just wanted to keep it private until its finished and then I agree, we make it available for anyone who wants to study the information and take the certification test. If you saw what I have today, you'd say "Stang, thats a lot of mess...clean it up". Once its finished, I want it to be something that's worthy of having the Sparta name on it and shows how we do things around here.

Its not a problem to keep it on my system and share it with only the guys helping to put it together...whatever you think.

I like the server based password solution as it keeps us from tracking lost or given out passwords....Great Idea!!

Any guesstimate time frame of when you think this solution may be ready to implement?

Thanks

I don't think there should be any content in the guide that needs to not be public.

As for MH6's addons it will be seamless to all players, no addons necessary. It will either be password or registrant based. Either way in my mind the process is simple:

1) if you want to be an approved flyer you read all the material and then sign up with an approved 'instructor' to take an in game test.

2). If you pass, your name is either added by the admins to the approved list in the addon or you are provided with a passcode that you must use to enter the cockpick of the vehicle in game.

Of the two technical solutions, MH6 and I are angling toward the name registry as that will allow us more control and 0 interaction in game. it also means that the password doesn't have to be changed if someone tells thier buddy of needs to be removed. The code is kept on a server side addon so players cannot download it to see anything and is secured. MH6 is close to finalizing this.

Edited by Stang

//raises hand

This sounds really awesome, I'm in! Thanks for the links, great information. I look forward to this all coming online.

cheers

-d

PM's sent to those who offered to help with the screenshots

Drew, please send me a PM with your email in it and I'll get you the list of the needed screen shots. For some reason I can't send you a PM...might be because you're too new here.

Thanks Guys

//raises hand

This sounds really awesome, I'm in! Thanks for the links, great information. I look forward to this all coming online.

cheers

-d

THis is Goober in Chopper 1 Taking off in 60 Secs for Main AO!

Goober? That's not what I remember you calling them :D

Secondly, I wanted to point out that there is a AWESOME ARMA2 Guide available for free via Dslyecxi's website "Shac Tac". The guide is called the ARMA2 Tactics, Techniques and Procedures Guide (TTP2) and its available at the link below:

CLICK HERE

While the entire guide is a great read and its FREE...it has a wonderful section on Vehicle Usage which contains specific Aircraft information. This section is available below:

CLICK HERE

I have asked Dslyecxi if I can use some certain areas of the information in his TTP2 Guide as a basis for some of our "filler" in the Spartan Aviation Guide. I should have an answer back today or tomorrow. If he allows this, then we can use it as a basis for general Aviation related information. To this I will start adding our specific information on OUR procedures, tactics, techniques and so on, that we want our Pilot class to use. This will form the basis of the information used for the training and testing phases to prepare the pilot candidate for the flight test.

Take a look at it (TTP2) and let me know your thoughts on the information it contains. It "appears" to be very accurate however I know we'll have a lot to add to it.

The Shac Tac TTP2 guide is a great guide. Should be required reading IMHO.

Bear in mind folks we will still need people to do an actual assualt once we get dropped off ....

Stang, good work bud, look forward to seeing it develop.