Spartans Home

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder in Arma2

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Ok guys, well you know I've been busy the last few months on this campaign (my efforts to bring Ghost Recon to Arma2).

It's available as SP or 7-man MP COOP.

Teaser Trailer by wombat50 (thankyou brother for your skills again) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCuvjTiWpS4

Download - version 1-0

Arma2_IslandThunder_v1.0.rar - 12.68MB

Features -

Norrins Revive - adjustable in parameters (default 1) - Leader has 1 revive only so protect your leader at all times!

UPSMON script

Random House Patrol

Requires - Lingor Island and Lingor Units.

This is my passion now in the gaming world - and if you decide to play it then I hope you enjoy it. ;)

Lighty.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one, I will have a play of the single player missions.

I am having a lot of trouble downloading the file, I have tried from the server and from home and both are slow and failed after 10%

I will keep trying and, if succesful will, upload your rar to our download site.

Thanx Rocky and Zeno -

I played the first mission with AI, enjoyed it. I had a bit of trouble with the "mist" due to the view distance and am not used to the tall grass, but got the job done anyway. I will work my way through the missions.

Yes the fog of war was an important part of GR - it would not be the same if you could see everything before you - there is an element of the unknown and the importance of stealth which made GR so amazing. To fire or not to fire - recon or engage.

I had a quick go with the first mission aswell. Looks very good to me. As I played in single player mode and after playing Arma2 for a long time again I had really difticulties to find the enemies but my AI comrades did a very good job. I guess that in MP it will be a much different gameplay. I like the setting and the atmosphere of it. The briefing and the storyline is nicely done aswell. Looking forward to try it out in MP when I find some day the time for it...

Good job Lighty

Just completed first mission at Regular level.

Very well done, all my compliments for a great job.

Honestly you would not be able to tell the difference between this mission and a "professional" one done from BIS as DLC for a fee.

Furthermore, very nice things are working on your design, such as you go down, you "call for medic" and your medic actually come to revive you !! Never happened before on any "retail" mission :)

Just a little comment as a user expectation:

if you put vehicles part of your scenario, expect the user wants to use them. On first mission there are a Truck and a pickup truck witha MG mounted. I was a bit disappointed it was not allowing me to use them.

As in every "role playing" game, you as "Dungeon Master" have to give a good reason to a player if something part of the scenario is not usable.

Of course, just take this as a constructive criticism, because youre mission, so far is an excellent job!

Thank you !

PS:

I thank God my fellow AI teammates can spot enemies and fire at them so well, because the camuflage and the tall grass really does it role of concealment, at least.. I spotted very few tangos , maybe I am blind :)

EDIT:

I found a little bug, when your teammates die, their icon does not become RED or totally Incapacitated, they just stay Green and you can issue orders to them, they will also answer "roger" or what ever is suposed to be an adequate answer, but of course they will stay down on the ground waiting for a possible revive.

Basically you have no clue when and if a teammate is active or dead. better say, you have a clue if you look at your map because they will display as "blu down" marks on the ground with their name but not their number, so better you take a note about names and numbers or you will not know who is who (like asking your medic to heal someone, but your medic died 10 minutes ago :) )

Their icon becomes correctly Red if they are wounded anyway.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Just a little comment as a user expectation:

if you put vehicles part of your scenario, expect the user wants to use them. On first mission there are a Truck and a pickup truck witha MG mounted. I was a bit disappointed it was not allowing me to use them.

As in every "role playing" game, you as "Dungeon Master" have to give a good reason to a player if something part of the scenario is not usable.

ah yes the vehicles - well unfortunately a la GR you could never use vehicles and that is the way it will stay.

is it unrealistic to have them then? no. but would a special forces unit leave their unit to man a vehicle - not so sure.

but at the end of the day - GR is what it is so you wont get a vehicle at least for now.

actually ill make an exception for you and unlock a tractor ;)

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Hehahhehe.. ok ok.. I think I can survive without a tractor :)

I do respect your choice for vehicles. I do not necessarely agree with that but of course I do respect it :)

GR was all about stealth and sneaky so probably using a vehicle is not "the best choice". The instinct to use a vehicle is thinking of large maps, but then I realized you focused objectives all within short distances, so probably the vehicle is not even necessary.

Nonetheless, if you put a pickup truck with a MG on it, it opens an opportunity to elaborate a tactic. Not giving the option to use it leaves the user with the same bitter taste GR always gave.. a lot of potentiality not used...

Vehicles,weapon selections.......this is an awesome "remake" of GR; the stuff you guys want would turn it into just another ARMA mission.

Awesome set Lightspeed,got me back into that GR kinda mood...

I always loved the music of the original GR,got me hyped up like a 11 year old who missed his ritalin dose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLIHqkqHcw

Edited by EL_n00biachi

Oh my goodness me...looks like i have to buy arma2 then....

reading this most makes most excited i`m going to love having a look at these....But i`ll warn you just incase...if they aren`t something like the GR experience i`ll be round here looking for my arma 2 money back :)

Great work dood it`s really hartening to see you even atempt this.

So, Saturday night (19/02) 20:00 UK Time, I'm trying to get a group together to give this a good Co-op workout.

If your interested please post below so we get an idea of attendance.

Cheers

i`ll have to buy the game...install the game and work out how to play the game this weekend but please let me know when you next have a go at it and i`d love to come along....if you lot can put up with me :)

So, Saturday night (19/02) 20:00 UK Time, I'm trying to get a group together to give this a good Co-op workout.

If your interested please post below so we get an idea of attendance.

Cheers

Dependent on wife etc I'm in :thumbsup_anim: