Spartans Home

Space Marine demo

PANiC

was live today if you are signed up to the spacemarine website, not signed up?... space marine game not visible in steam for you yet?....

put this in your browser bar

steam://install/55410

:)

W40k: Space Marine, verdict so far: It lives up to it's previews. Demo is more than enough to convince me of that.

Pros: Smooth action, good controls, awesome visuals and voices, bloody good fun!

Cons: Camera gets wonky at times, some buttons aren't explained (grenades, zoom), didn't realize i had more than 1 gun until i scrolled accidentally. XD All in all, looks to be worth your money!

Definitely worth downloading and giving it a try, even if action games aren't your thing. Very satisfying to play.

Not all the controls are explained very well, so here are the important ones:

WASD: Move

Mouse: Look

Left-click: Shoot

Right-click: Melee attack

F: Stun (also used in various combos, which are shown in the combat controls)

E: Execution move. Very important after you stun, as brutal executions are your only means of regaining health. It is glorious. Also your end-all interaction/use key.

T: When that Ultramarine symbols fills up after some good stompin', press this and UNLEASH THE FURY!

Q: Grenades. Careful, they are on a short fuse. Not sure if you can cook off, i think you just toss and forget.

R: Reload/Grenade detonation (for a certain weapon)

Space: Dodge/roll.

Shift: Sprint. You don't need to hold it down to keep sprinting.

Ctrl: Zoom. Important for getting those headshots with the "sniper" rifles.

Scroll wheel: cycle through your different weapons. Bolt pistol (default), Bolter, Sticky Grenade launcher (detonated with "R"), and a laser weapon (cant remember).

EDIT: Good preview here as well: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/23/space-marine-demo-2/

Edited by Rooster90

Really? Didn't feel like Gears at all to me. Gears is all about cover, shoot, move, repeat. This is all about brutally killing stuff in the most epic possible ways. I'd say it's more akin to God of War, but with less contrived ATE's. From the looks of it it actually may have quite the story as well. But then again, I'm a sucker for all things W40k, and this looks to be one of the most polished titles ever released under the license.